- Stephanie Biden and Sinead Corcoran outline the issues now that Article 50 has been triggered, specifically relating to organisations wanting to retain a presence in the EU and maintain funding.
- Trade marks law is harmonised throughout the EU, so clients may be worried about the impact of Brexit on their brands. But Mathew Healey says it’s not all bad news for UK trade marks owners.
- Gillian Roche-Saunders and Oliver Hunt explain what crowdfunding is and how charities can benefit from this method of raising funds.
- In our regular update on fundraising developments, Lawrence Simanowitz discusses recent guidance from the Fundraising Regulator and the Information Commissioner’s Office alongside the current focus on wealth screening and the legality of opt-out consent.
- Leticia Jennings highlights how legacy fundraising has hit the headlines recently with the resolution of the Ilott v Mitson case and the challenges to charity legacies being on the rise.
- Amanda Ogilvie explains how charities registered in England and Wales that wish to carry out activities in Scotland need to be aware of the requirements for registration with the OSCR.
- The Charity Commission has warned against the use of cash couriers to send funds overseas, and Augustus Della-Porta urges caution.
- The use of cash couriers is just one among many risks that charities should manage: Huw Evans gives his top tips for identifying and managing your organisation’s risks.
- Education specialist Caraline Johnson looks at mergers in the FE sector.
- Our governance expert Tesse Akpeki explains the benefits of values-driven leadership.
- Our tax expert, Bill Lewis, looks at the Gift Aid Small Charitable Donations Scheme that promised fireworks but has delivered a damp squib.
- Emma Knuckey reports on the latest developments at the Charity Commission and Charity Tribunal.
Please click here to download the PDF version of this update.
This information is necessarily of a general nature and doesn’t constitute legal advice. This is not a substitute for formal legal advice, given in the context of full information under an engagement with Bates Wells.
All content on this page is correct as of June 2, 2017.