- Mairead O’Reilly and Alistair Williams look at the Fundraising Regulator’s achievements, and how charities can meet the requirements of its Fundraising Preference Service.
- Lawrence Simanowitz and Michael Charalambous explain the impact of the General Data Protection Regulation on reporting data protection breaches, and Mairead O’Reilly summarises the important practical steps to take.
- Mindy Jhittay discusses the issue of cyber-fraud and explains how we quickly closed down a rogue webiste featuring some of our lawyers’ details.
- Leticia Jennings and Ayden Peach look at the reputational implications of a charity getting involved in litigation.
- Rachael Chapman and Tesse Akpeki summarise the key requirements of the Charity Governance Code; and Tesse explores options for the governance reviews it recommends.
- Sung-Hyui Park explains the different approaches company directors should take for B Corp status.
- In our regular client focus, we look at the work of YMCA London South West; and our housing specialist, Neil Lambert, looks at its recent successful refinancing.
- Louise Rea explores the recent trends in the protection provided to whistleblowing employees, while Chetal Patel and Shadia El Dardiry discuss the increased responsibilities from the ‘hostile environment’ for immigration.
- Oliver Scutt looks at the importance of having an investment policy, and our tax expert, Bill Lewis, outlines his wishlist for VAT changes post-Brexit.
- In our roundups, Alice Faure Walker looks at the new transparency rules to tackle money laundering; Rachel Norman and Alice Faure Walker provide a disclosure for charitable companies; and Emma Knuckey reports on what’s new at the Charity Commission.
This information is necessarily of a general nature and doesn’t constitute legal advice. This is not a substitute for formal legal advice, given in the context of full information under an engagement with Bates Wells.
All content on this page is correct as of September 25, 2017.