- Intellectual Property disputes can range from the sublime to the ridiculous, Mathew Healey and Catharina Waller take a look at some of the latest intellectual property cases to hit the news.
- There are plenty of traps for the unwary charity in coming up with a new name or brand, but with a bit of preparation you can make sure everything goes smoothly. Mathew Healey provides a step-by-step guide to avoiding the pitfalls.
- When someone uses your charity’s brand without permission, it is frustrating to have to spend time and energy on legal wrangles rather than focusing on your core activities. Mindy Jhittay explains how to resolve name disputes quickly and effectively.
- The team give an overview of how they can help you protect your name and brand through the IP Fitness Check.
- Catharina Waller explains the potential impact of Brexit and offers some good news for trade mark owners.
- When charities clash in court, there are often no winners. Mathew Healey urges caution in taking your dispute to the courts.
- Mindy Jhittay explains the complexities of internet advertising for brand owners.
- Charities are not immune to the increasing counterfeiting trend. Catharina Waller explains how charities can best protect themselves.
- The problems associated with people registering domain names containing other people’s names and brands may be alleviated. Mathew Healey looks at the remedies available when your brands are infringed.
Please click here to download the PDF version of this update.
If you have any questions about any of the issues raised in the update, please contact the Trade Marks department.
All content on this page is correct as of January 22, 2018.