- Lucas Atkin and Victoria Hordern have some useful tips for charities on being ready for the GDPR, which comes into force in May.
- Emma Dowden-Teale and Claire Whittle explain that charities need to be aware that they are being held to a far wider interpretation of ‘safeguarding’ than that strictly prescribed by law.
- Employee references can be a minefield, say Lucy McLynn and Victoria Cook, but it is important to be consistent in your approach to avoid accusations of discrimination.
- Mindy Jhittay answers your questions about social engineering fraud.
- Suhan Rajkumar explains recent changes to the Charity Commission annual return.
- We feature the National Federation of Women’s Institutes.
- On the Charity Governance Code, Tesse Akpeki stresses the importance of board diversity.
- Rachael Chapman looks at the recommendation of a trustee code of conduct.
- Oliver Scutt explains the new provisions on automatic disqualification of charity trustees and senior managers.
- Emma Knuckey and Megan Read review the impact of the Charity Commission’s new regulatory powers.
- Molly Carew-Jones and Hannah Lyons explore the growing popularity of society lotteries to raise funds.
- Philip Trott looks at immigration issues as we approach Brexit.
- In our tax focus, Bill Lewis explains HMRC’s approach to the distinction between grants and fees.
- Bill Lewis and Susan Shi give an update on the accounting rules for gifts of profit from trading subsidiaries.
- Emma Knuckey provides a useful roundup of the latest from the Charity Commission and the Chairty Tribunal.
Please click here to download the PDF version of this update.
All content on this page is correct as of May 15, 2018.