- With safeguarding issues continuing to make headlines, Emma Dowden-Teale summarise the latest guidance for charities.
- As Brexit looms closer, Matthew James reports on the immigration status of EU nationals and Lucas Atkin outlines the uncertain future for data protection.
- Mindy Jhittay continues her series on charity fraud, looking at identifying and dealing with insider fraud.
- Lucy McLynn and Thérèse Rankin advise on how best to seek references for potential employees.
- We show you some of our recent initiatives such as our new Charity Hub and a new free service for campaigning charities.
- As work patterns and employee expectations of the workplace change, William Scott looks at the office of the future.
- In our client focus, Lawrence Simanowitz looks at the work of Samaritans.
- Charities need to be aware of new regulations on running challenge events, Hannah Lyons summarises the changes.
- Simon Steeden and Caroline van den Bergh discuss the principles which apply to grant-making to non-charitable organisations.
- Catharina Waller explains what can go wrong if charity trade marks are not properly protected.
- David Hunter is doubtful that the government’s Social Value Act announcements are as good as they seem.
- There’s a reminder from Melanie Carter and Alistair Williams that a modern slavery statement is required for larger charities.
- In our regular governance focus, Tesse Akpeki advises on how to have difficult conversations.
- Bill Lewis has some good news on VAT.
- Emma Knuckey and Rachael Southern report on the latest from the Charity Commission and the Charity Tribunal.
Please click here to download the PDF version of this update.
All content on this page is correct as of September 18, 2018.