- Simon Steeden and Suhan Rajkumar highlight some issues with the latest guidance for charities with connections to non-charitable organisations.
- Mindy Jhittay and Natalie Ali provide some helpful tips to combat cyber fraud.
- Bates Wells is working with a coalition of charities to see a landmark ruling on the value of sustainable, environmentally friendly investments, Luke Fletcher explains.
- Victoria Hordern reviews the work of the ICO one year after GDPR.
- Molly Waiting looks at a recent decision on transparency and considers its effect on prospect research
- Hannah Lyons reports on a busy period for the Fundraising Regulator.
- In our client focus, we look at the work of Stephen Lloyd Awards winner, Project Baala.
- Emma Dowden-Teale and Joanna Howard cover the latest developments in safeguarding.
- Simon Steeden and Oliver Scutt raise concerns about the latest alert for charitable think tanks.
- Matt James provides a useful guide for employers wanting to secure their EU employees’ right to work post-Brexit.
- In our procurement focus, David Hunter wonders whether the government’s new approach to social value is all as it seems; while Rob Oakley and Charlie Miller explain that you may need to challenge a decision before you know the outcome.
- Limited time to make a legal challenge is also the theme of our legacies focus, by Leticia Jennings and Victoria Bos.
- Cecile Gillard outlines our Company Secretarial Service.
- Susan Shi warns charities about tax evasion.
- Emma Knuckey rounds up the latest from the Charity Commission.
|If you would like to discuss any of the issues raised in this Update, please contact our Charity team.|
This information is necessarily of a general nature and doesn’t constitute legal advice. This is not a substitute for formal legal advice, given in the context of full information under an engagement with Bates Wells.
All content on this page is correct as of July 1, 2019.