- Serena Spencer has the latest property news, including proposals to incorporate biodiversity plans into planning applications;
- We have a special focus on change management. Change, whether of your property needs or organisational structure can be exciting, but brings with it challenges and legal implications to be aware of;
- We look at changing property needs and Amanda Gray outlines the options available to you if you want to reduce your space requirements within your current property – or perhaps move on;
- Organisational change can be very disruptive to employees, even where no redundancies are planned. Shadia El Dardiry, from our Employment team, suggests the best approach for employers to take to bring employees with you through the change process;
- Farah Bandali summarises the tools at your disposal – for both landlords and tenants;
- A guarantor is responsible for making sure a tenant fulfils its obligations. Even where a tenant becomes insolvent or bankrupt,the guarantor will still be liable. Peter Hopkin summarises a guarantor’s responsibilities;
- Finally, Edward Slegg provides our regular case law update,including a recent decision on the validity of electronic signatures to constitute a signed contract, which may have unintended consequences.
If you would like to discuss any of the issues raised in this Update, please contact our Real Estate team.
This information is necessarily of a general nature and doesn’t constitute legal advice. This is not a substitute for formal legal advice, given in the context of full information under an engagement with Bates Wells.
All content on this page is correct as of December 9, 2019.