In his recent review of the Charities Act 2006, Lord Hodgson recommended that charities with an annual income of more than £1m should have the right to pay their trustees without seeking permission from the Charity Commission.
This roundtable session offers the opportunity to revisit the trustee payment agenda, examining if it could play a role in improving the regulatory environment in which charities operate.
• What the law currently says about paying trustees
• The Charity Commission’s current approach to approving payment for trustees
• Lessons from the Housing Sector
• Governance safeguards to put in place if you pay trustees
• Should there be a wider payment of trustees?
• Question and answer session and opportunity to debate Lord Hodgson's proposals - should larger charities have an automatic right to pay their trustees?
The price is inclusive of VAT. Please fill in your details below to book yourplace and pay by card. For any payment queries, please email [email protected]
If you are not able to attend the event, a substitute can be sent in your place at no extra charge.
Cancellations made at least 21 days before the event date are fully refundable.
A cancellation made less than 21 days and more than 7 days in advance of the event will incur an administration fee of £25, deductible from your refund.
Cancellations made within 7 days of an event are non-refundable. Please note that you are liable for the full amount if you do not attend the event without prior notice.