- Key definitions under the Data Protection Act including "personal data", "data controllers" and "data processors"
- Sharing data with third parties, e.g. when outsourcing services such as HR functions
- Transferring data outside the EEA
- Data processing agreements
- Data security including practical steps to avoid security breaches
- Subject access requests
- What are the sanctions for breaching the Data Protection Act 1998?
Mairead O'Reilly is a senior associate in the charity and social enterprise department. She advises several membership organisations on data protection compliance and is the author of Data Protection for Fundraisers.