How can Appreciative Inquiry link to the purpose of governance? Appreciative Governance (AG) begins with a strengths-based perspective and is inquiry driven. As such the Appreciative Governance approach is more than changing the boxes on the ‘organisational chart’, more than ‘eliminating waste’, and more than publishing a new list of organisational values – although all of these may be outcomes. The design process is strength-based. Everyone in an organisation generates a governance process that finds people looking forward to the future with optimism and hope. The functions of governance are carried out by everyone in the organisation in a way that is directly linked to their sphere of influence and particular strengths, ultimately leading to greater impact.
Our dialogue will focus on:
- What is Appreciative Governance?
- Achieving a practical and flexible framework: adapting in timely and effective ways to changing circumstances
- Principles of Appreciative Governance: A set of principles that help intentionally design the practices, structures and processes within which governance takes place
- Determining the nature of decision-making in your organisation
- The organisational practices or structures to help align individual and collective strengths to achieve the organisation’s vision and mission.
- Goals and purposeful driven leadership: creating organisations where all thrive
- Delivering sustainable value
- Integrating and coordinating effort: Intentional commitment to distribute decision making throughout the organisation.
- Capitalising on individual and collective strengths to maximise the capacity of the whole in setting and attaining goals
- Developing capability for long-term sustainability
- Insights into the significant mindset about what it means to be in a range of relationships
The price is inclusive of VAT. Please fill in your details below to book your place and pay by card. For any payment queries, please email [email protected]
If you are not able to attend the event, a substitute can be sent in your place at no extra charge.
Cancellations made at least 21 days before the event date are fully refundable.
A cancellation made less than 21 days and more than 7 days in advance of the event will incur an administration fee of £25, deductible from your refund.
Cancellations made within 7 days of an event are non-refundable. Please note that you are liable for the full amount if you do not attend the event without prior notice.