The crowd-funding sector globally is estimated to be growing at 63% (compound annual growth rate) and by the end of December 2012, it was estimated there would be over 500 platforms offering services ranging across 4 categories: donation based, rewards based, lending and equity. Currently, donations are responsible for the largest source of funds raised, but rewards based platforms (e.g Kickstarter), particularly relevant for the Arts sector, are growing at 524% CAGR and lending and equity are growing quickly as well. (1)
We are delighted to welcome Theresa Burton, CEO and co-founder of Buzzbnk, the leading crowd-funding platform, to talk about Buzzbnk and how the landscape of crowd-funding is changing.
BWB’s Sean Egan and Luke Fletcher will explain the legal background to crowd-funding and the current issues for those wishing to crowd-fund projects and those wishing to invest in or support projects.
Topics to be covered include:
• the current state of the crowd-funding ‘market’/’sector’
• what you need to start a crowd-funding project
• how to structure your project and how rewards and investments work
• the regulatory framework - is Financial Services Authority authorisation necessary?
• Raising equity investment through crowdfunding – additional considerations
(1) Source: Crowdfunding Industry Report, May 2012, crowdsourcing.org
4.00pm Registration, tea and coffee
6.00pm Drinks and networking