This half-day masterclass is designed to provide delegates with a clear understanding of the law relating to redundancy and a clear sense as to how the law translates into day-to-day practice.
CPD points are available for this course.
Why choose this course?
Delegates will receive:
• Detailed step-by-step guidance in relation to planning and implementing a redundancy/ restructuring exercise
• A clear explanation of the statutory framework and key cases
• A series of practical examples, which bridge the gap between theory and practice
• Professionally prepared precedent letters covering each stage of the process
• Template project plans, timelines and checklists (relating to both small-scale redundancy exercises and organisation wide projects)
• A suggested redundancy policy
Who should attend?
• HR Managers and Directors
• In-house Counsel
• CEO and CFOs
• Line managers and directors facing organisational change
• Defining and identifying a redundancy situation
• The perfect redundancy process:
• The preliminary steps
• Planning and implementing consultation
• Selection criteria
• Suitable alternative employment
• Understanding and addressing potentially thorny issues:
• Establishing non discriminatory selection criteria
• Employees on maternity and paternity leave
• Trial periods
• Voluntary redundancies (retaining talent and preserving morale)
• Large scale redundancies and collective consultation
• Minimising cost and exposure