What do social enterprises legally need to secure social investment?
This seminar will focus on the legal aspects of the fund raising process for social enterprises.
Our experienced lawyers and investment facilitators will deliver advice around the legal implication when dealing with angel investors, investing in the company individually, in a syndicate or alongside institutional investors. We will give an overview of the key documents needed in the due diligence process and to secure a smooth closing.
What you’ll learn
• How to manage your fund raise efficiently from a legal perspective.
• Practical advice on how to get the due diligence process right.
• Real life stories from a social entrepreneur who successfully secured investment and dealt with a complex shareholder base.
1615 Registration & networking over tea and coffee
1630 Joint welcome from BWB & ClearlySo (Simon Steeden, Senior Associate, BWB and Karen Anderson, BVC2 Project Manager, ClearlySo)
1635 Impact of legal structures on investment options
1700 Overview of legal documents necessary to finalise investment (Simon Steeden, Senior Associate, BWB)
- Getting the due diligence process right
- Shareholders agreement and the term sheet importance
1740 Social investment case study – Zoe Peden, Insane Logic
This is a free event. Please click here to book via Clearly So's Eventbrite page.