This two-hour seminar will focus on the difficult issue of reasonable adjustments and dismissals in cases concerning underperformance and absence related to stress, anxiety and depression. It will provide delegates with a clear understanding of the law and outline practical strategies for effectively managing the causes and consequences mental ill health at work.
CPD points are available for this course.
Why choose this course?
Delegates will receive:
• A practical explanation of the legal framework
• Comprehensive notes and materials
• Step-by-step guidance on how to manage long-term/ intermittent absence and underperformance
• Top tips on addressing impractical or unclear occupational health advice
• Template letters/ documents
Who should attend?
• HR managers and directors
• In-house counsel
• CEOs and CFOs
• Line managers
• Trustees and non-executive directors
This seminar will cover the following issues:
• Avoiding workplace triggers
• Early detection and prevention
• Understanding when stress, depression and anxiety qualify as a disability
• Reasonable adjustments – how far must an employer go?
• When is it permissible / appropriate to dismiss on health grounds?
• Addressing and resolving problem areas:
o the perennial sick note
o impractical / imprecise occupational health advice
o the impact of alcohol and drugs
o covering business critical functions
o causative factors outside of work
• How to tackle risk factors
£75 excl. VAT.