This seminar will look in detail at two recent high profile data protection cases affecting not-for-profits. It will include:
Review of British Pregnancy Advisory Service case – fine of £200,000 by ICO
- Information Commissioner sanctions and fines
- What security measures should you have in place to comply with data protection law?
- Sharing personal information with your suppliers and making sure agreements cover data protection
- Websites and privacy policies
Analysis of Global Witness case
- Subject access requests
- Processing information fairly in compliance with the Data Protection Act
- The journalism exemption
How to carry out a data protection health check on your organisation
Mairead is doing a much wider data protection session on 15 May as part of the DSC Annual Charity Law Conference which will include: the latest guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office, the new EU Directive and topical issues when collecting data from supporters and donors. Click here to book for that session.