The National Minimum Wage (NMW) continues to be a vexed area for Social Care employers. It is a hot topic with trade unions and there has been a lot of focus on whether sleepovers, on-call time and travelling time qualify for the NMW.
This seminar is designed to equip you with the necessary knowledge to respond effectively to challenges from employees, staff representatives and unions regarding the classification and payment of sleepovers, on-call time and travelling time. You will be provided with practical tips for managing the risk of legal challenges.
- Where to draw the line between time worked and unmeasured time
- Factors which reduce the risk of sleeping time being classified as time worked
- Contract drafting points
- How management of rotas and assignments can reduce potential liability
- The use of daily average agreements
- Assessing any potential shortfall in NMW in the event of successful claims
- What recent cases have said, and what difference this makes to you
- What the future may hold
Why choose this course?
Delegates will receive:
- Practical tips on contract drafting
- Practical tips on negotiating the issue with unions and staff representatives
- A summary of recent European and UK case law and learning points
Who should attend?
- HR Managers and Directors
- Line managers
- In-house Counsel
- CEOs and CFOs
Breakfast 8:30am - 9am
Seminar 9am - 10.00am
£40 (excl. VAT)