Charity governance is a serious business with increased scrutiny from regulators, media and public opinion. This seminar will give you an insight into the issues you need to consider. And of course, how to deal with them.
The event will be followed by CaSE's 8th anniversary party in BWB's rooftop garden, which we hope you will join.
Speakers will include:
- Philip Kirkpatrick, BWB’s deputy managing partner
- Ruth Lesirge who served for 6 years as a senior visiting fellow at the Centre for Charity Effectiveness where she was head of the governance & board effectiveness consultancy
- Tesse Akpeki, lead trainer of the Onboard governance development programme. She was formerly head of governance and trustee services at NCVO and is now an accredited coach, specialising in governance development and leadership
- Nick Rudnai of CaSE Insurance, the charity insurance business set up by BWB and NCVO.
- Professor Chris Cornforth, professor of organisational governance and management at The Open University Business School.
Why choose this course?
If you are concerned by how your organisation measures up in terms of governance, if you want to make sure you are on the governance front foot, or if you want to educate your team, this course will bring clarity through useful tips and takeaway documentation.
Who should attend?
Chairs and chief execs and senior managers who manage governance issues and want to understand more.
Trustees who need to understand their responsibilities
4:30pm - 6:00pm: seminar
After the seminar, we invite you to the CaSE anniversary drinks party, which we hope you will be able to attend. It will be a great chance to share experiences with your fellow delegates and to chat informally with the speakers. You will be automatically registered for the party if you book a place on this seminar, so there is no need to register for this separately.