BWB, Matrix Chambers and NCVO are delighted to give you advance notice of this unique seminar to equip you with the public law tools to challenge decisions of public authorities and to use public law as a campaign tool. It will also cover:
- Where are we now with judicial review post-reforms?
- If the Human Rights Act is abolished, how can common law and international law be used to protect human rights?
- The interface of public law with charity law
- Using the Freedom of Information Act
- Funding and costs, including discussion of the government’s consultation on proposals to require financial information on applications for judicial review, cost capping orders and about third party funders – what are the likely effects for not for profits?
The seminar will feature a variety of speakers from BWB and other organisations, including Melanie Carter (BWB), Helen Mountfield QC (Matrix Chambers) and Gita Parihar (Friends of the Earth).
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at lawyers and non-lawyers from not for profit organisations, charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises.
5:30pm: networking and drinks
This seminar is free.