- Finding your merger partner - what are you looking for and what do you know about them?
- Undertaking due diligence of merger partners - where are the bodies buried?
- Managing the governance aspects of merger both in the lead up to merger and identifying the appropriate post-merger model structure – generic or bespoke?
- Managing the staffing aspects of the merger – due diligence, restructure, TUPE and redundancies.
- Reviewing the property portfolio, preparing for transfer and disposable post-merger.
- Getting the merger done! Implementing in the first 100 days.
10:45 Coffee break
11:00 Two minute silence
12:00 Seminar ends
William Garnett, partner, BWB (employment)
Julian Blake partner, BWB (governance and model structures)
Caraline Johnson, associate (FE specialisms)
Mark Traynor, partner, BWB (property)
Stephanie Mason, head of FE and skills, Baker Tilly