Community interest companies have a unique opportunity to deliver social change, value and impact as accountable commercial enterprises.
Key to successful CICs is governance, but are we sure it is given enough priority or sufficient consideration when a new company is set up?
This seminar will look at the governance of CICs using Governance for Community Interest Companies: A Practical Framework, a handbook containing insight from BWB, NCVO, Social Enterprise UK, CIC Association and expert consultants.
Former CIC regulator Sara Burgess will lead a session built around information sharing and group discussion. The event will facilitate good practice in supporting CICs on governance structure and examine the impact of good governance.
Topics to be covered include:
- Traditional expectations of governance.
- Why is social enterprise different?
- What is good governance and how can it be achieved?
- Where is governance going?
- The duties of CIC directors
- Good governance principles – “Framework for Governance”
Who should attend?
If you run a CIC, or advise those who do, this seminar should not be missed.
7.30pm Networking and drinks
£50.00 (including VAT)