The landscape of fundraising regulation has shifted significantly in the last 18 months. Controversies, legal uncertainty around fundraising practices, and concerns about data protection in light of recent ICO fines for charities have left many unsure of best practice for encouraging legacies in line with their regulatory obligations. With the Fundraising Regulator’s current consultation open on the Code of Fundraising Practice, our seminar will focus on the current issues for those who deal with legacy fundraising and those involved in legacy management and administration.
Guest speakers Gerald Oppenheim (Fundraising Regulator) and Chris Millward (CEO, Institute of Legacy Management) will join BWB’s legal experts in discussing:
• Changes to fundraising regulation and practice including the Code of Fundraising Practice
• The current consultation on the Code
• Data protection issues for legacy fundraisers and administrators
• Areas of particular concern to those involved with legacies, including dealing with vulnerable people
• Managing potential challenges to legacies and legacy litigation
The session will end with an opportunity to feed into the ILM’s response to the Fundraising Regulator’s consultation.
11:45 Registration and refreshments
12:15 - 14:15 Seminar.