The law governing the transfer of undertakings has significant practical, commercial and financial implications for employers of all sizes and in all sectors.
Whether considering what happens to employees on an outsourcing or retendering of a service contract, or assessing the employment related liabilities associated with the sale of a business, the TUPE regulations have far reaching implications.
The commercial consequences of misapplying the law can be extremely damaging. Equally, a strong understanding of this area can present profound strategic and financial advantages.
This masterclass will cover
- What constitutes a transfer of an undertaking, including: outsourcing, retendering, in-housing
- The sale of a business (or part of a business).
- The implementation of an effective information and consultation exercise
- Maximising opportunities and minimising risk during the transfer process
- Harmonising / varying terms and conditions of employment
- Post-transfer obligations in relation to pensions
- The scope to implement fair dismissals(both pre-and-post transfer)
Why choose this course?
Delegates will receive:
- A detailed and practical explanation of the law.
- Comprehensive notes and materials (including a step-by-step guide to the transfer process, from the perspective of both the transferor and the transferee).
- Checklists and flowcharts.
- Template letters and documents relating to each stage of the transfer process.
Who should attend?
- HR managers and directors
- Procurement and commissioning professionals
- In-house counsel
- CEOs and CFOs
- Trustees and non-executive directors
£150 (excl. VAT)