This two-hour seminar will focus on the difficult issue of reasonable adjustments and dismissals in cases concerning underperformance and absence related to stress, anxiety and depression. It will provide delegates with a clear understanding of the law and outline practical strategies for effectively managing the causes and consequences of mental ill health at work.
This seminar will cover
- Avoiding workplace triggers
- Early detection and prevention
- Understanding when stress, depression and anxiety qualify as a disability
- Reasonable adjustments – how far must an employer go?
- When is it permissible / appropriate to dismiss on health grounds?
- Addressing and resolving problem areas: the perennial sick note, impractical / imprecise occupational health advice, the impact of alcohol and drugs, covering business critical functions, causative factors outside of work, PHI
- How to tackle risk factors
Why choose this course?
Delegates will receive:
- A practical explanation of the legal framework
- Comprehensive notes and materials
- Step-by-step guidance on how to manage long-term/intermittent absence and underperformance
- Top tips on addressing impractical or unclear occupational health advice
- Template letters/ documents
Who should attend?
- HR managers and directors
- In-house legal counsel
- CEOs and CFOs
- Line managers and directors
- Trustees and non-executive directors
£75 (excl. VAT)