One day session
Advanced Facilitation will build on essential facilitation techniques. Advanced Facilitation will assume knowledge and experience. Participants would have facilitated groups and be looking to hone their skills further. Participants will benefit from submitting the pre-session facilitation questionnaire as part of the preparation for the day.
The session will cover the following:
- Dealing with difficult behaviours
- Productive meetings - a specific way of including and engaging member of the group
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Utilising compassionate (nonviolent ) communication
- Diverse Communications styles and how to use them effectively
- Dealing with resistance and dealing with clashing values
- Using post it notes for powerful facilitation
- Using questions to engender better understanding
- Resolving conflict and confronting difficult issues and moving towards agreement
- Modelling positive attitudes
- Developing your facilitation toolkit - Tips and tools that help
What will be focused on in Facilitation 201:
- Shaping better and improved relationships
- Utilising action learning and a facilitative coaching style
- The inner and outer worlds of a facilitator and honing the skills for effective performance.
- Developing your inner BATNA
- Ensuring that the facilitation process models the behaviours we want to see in others
- Building on the best to make things work and overcoming facilitation challenges
- Tips and tools that help generate fresh and innovative thinking:
Approach: the session will be a mix of presentations, practical exercises and working in groups. Participants will have the opportunity to put their learning into action through participation in meeting scenarios and peer-to-peer sharing.