This half-day masterclass is designed to provide delegates with a clear understanding of the law relating to redundancy and a clear sense as to how the law translates into day-to-day practice.
This masterclass will cover
- Defining and identifying a redundancy situation
- The perfect redundancy process; The preliminary steps, planning and implementing consultation, pooling, selection criteria, suitable alternative employment
- Understanding and addressing potentially thorny issues; establishing non-discriminatory selection criteria, employees on maternity and paternity leave, trial periods, bumping, voluntary redundancies (retaining talent and preserving morale), appeals
- Large scale redundancies and collective consultation
- Minimising cost and exposure
Why choose this course?
Delegates will receive:
- Detailed step-by-step guidance in relation to planning and implementing a redundancy/ restructuring exercise
- A clear explanation of the statutory framework and key cases
- A series of practical examples, which bridge the gap between theory and practice
- Professionally prepared precedent letters covering each stage of the process
- Template project plans, timelines and checklists (relating to both small-scale redundancy exercises and organisation wide projects)
- A suggested redundancy policy
Who should attend?
- HR managers and directors
- In-house counsel
- CEO and CFOs
- Line managers and directors facing organisational change