This session provides an introduction into key areas of UK data protection law, as applies to charities, including:
• An introduction/refresher on key concepts such as ‘personal data’, ‘controllers’ and ‘processors’;
• An overview of the requirements of GDPR, including:
- Recent and upcoming developments in data privacy law;
- A brief discussion on the effects of Brexit
- Privacy notices;
- “Legitimate interests”, consent, and other “conditions for processing”;
- Rules that apply when sending personal data outside of Europe;
- Rules on the length of time for which it is lawful to retain personal data;
- Individuals’ rights; and
- The need to have security arrangements in place.
Please note that fundraising law will be covered in more detail in the Fundraising session.
8:30am - 9:30am Seminar