This session provides an introduction into key areas of safeguarding law and practice, as its applies to charities, including:
- An introduction/refresher on what safeguarding is and developments in the past 12 months;
- An overview of the legal framework for safeguarding;
- DBS checks and other good recruitment practice;
- Safeguarding policies: whether you need one and what should go in it;
- What to do if a safeguarding concern arises;
- Data protection and information security.
8:30am - 9:30am Seminar