A lot of recent media attention has focused on the gig economy and the growing trend towards flexible working practices. These arrangements have sparked considerable debate and focused the gaze of the public (and HMRC) towards employers who are perceived to be exploiting their workforce through sham categorisation. As in 2018, developments in the gig economy are likely to remain a hallmark of the year ahead with the awaited government response to the Taylor review, and the upcoming Uber appeal to the Supreme Court.
This workshop will cover:
- The categories of employment status and how to distinguish between them
- The different rights that apply to each category
- Understanding and maintaining the distinction
- The tax implications of employment status
Why choose this course?
Delegates will receive:
- Practical overview of the different categories of employment status specifically focussed on the HR context; and
- Our top-take-away tips for HR professionals.
Who should attend?
- HR managers and directors
- In-house legal counsel