Create increased engagement, buy-in and alignment. Facilitation skills puts you firmly in the driving seat and are increasingly becoming a core competency for leaders, managers, consultants, coaches, trainers, others who work with governing boards, committees, advisory groups and working parties. Share powerful problems solving frameworks, update facilitative techniques, build trusting teams and increase confidence. Much can be achieved through utilising meeting approaches that lead to better outcomes, great conversations, encourage healthy behaviours and shape improved relationships.
Map your impact, refresh your facilitation toolkit with new tools, updated concepts and creative approaches’. Investing in facilitation skills, is an investment that pays off straight away as you are equipped to “do-it yourself”, make an instant saving while making a difference and feel the power of connection.
This one day masterclass offers practical and insightful strategies any facilitator can apply immediately. Masterful facilitation supports you in arriving at clear outcomes with increased engagement and participation.
12 Anchors for flawless facilitation:
- Creating conditions for success - facilitate it better – utilise appreciative inquiry
- Critical principles for effective facilitation, facilitative leadership and productive conversations
- Building empathy and common ground. Identify the routes to increase understanding of what is going on
- Shaping the right environment by enhancing listening skills
- Influencing skills to get the results you want and tap into lived experience
- Powerful Humour - Achieving “cheerful chairpersonship”
- Diverging communications styles – communication profiles that work.
- Challenging conversations and utilising non-violent communication techniques
- Dealing with resistance, challenging behaviours and clashing values, beliefs and assumptions
- Inspiring governance - using questions to engender better understanding
- Resolving conflict, confronting difficult issues and discomfort while moving towards agreement
- Honing your skills by updating your facilitation toolkit –tools you can use to your advantage
Groups are deliberately kept small to encourage interaction, sharing and learning. Each session will draw on a strong evidence base while kept very practical.
The session will be a mix of presentations, practical exercises and working in groups. Participants will have the opportunity to put their learning into action through participation in meeting scenarios , peer-to-peer sharing and action learning.
9.45am - 1:00pm: Session 1
1:00pm - 1:45pm: Lunch
1:45pm - 4:45pm: Session 2