This event is now over and took place on Thu 15 Nov 2012
This seminar will look at the application of an innovative approach called Appreciative Inquiry (AI) to Governance Models and Practice. Already an industry standard in the U.S., this OnBoard session marks the first training of this kind in the UK. Registration is at 5.00pm, the seminar runs from 5.30pm – 7.15pm and is followed by networking.
How can Appreciative Inquiry link to the purpose of governance? Appreciative Governance (AG) begins with a strengths-based perspective and is inquiry driven. As such the Appreciative Governance approach is more than changing the boxes on the ‘organisational chart’, more than ‘eliminating waste’, and more than publishing a new list of organisational values – although all of these may be outcomes. The design process is strength-based. Everyone in an organisation generates a governance process that finds people looking forward to the future with optimism and hope. The functions of governance are carried out by everyone in the organisation in a way that is directly linked to their sphere of influence and particular strengths, ultimately leading to greater impact.
Our dialogue will focus on:
- What is Appreciative Governance?
- Achieving a practical and flexible framework: adapting in timely and effective ways to changing circumstances
- Principles of Appreciative Governance: A set of principles that help intentionally design the practices, structures and processes within which governance takes place
- Determining the nature of decision-making in your organisation
- The organisational practices or structures to help align individual and collective strengths to achieve the organisation’s vision and mission.
- Goals and purposeful driven leadership: creating organisations where all thrive
- Delivering sustainable value
- Integrating and coordinating effort: Intentional commitment to distribute decision making throughout the organisation.
- Capitalising on individual and collective strengths to maximise the capacity of the whole in setting and attaining goals
- Developing capability for long-term sustainability
- Insights into the significant mindset about what it means to be in a range of relationships
The price is inclusive of VAT. Please fill in your details below to book your place and pay by card. For any payment queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not able to attend the event, a substitute can be sent in your place at no extra charge.
Cancellations made at least 21 days before the event date are fully refundable.
A cancellation made less than 21 days and more than 7 days in advance of the event will incur an administration fee of £25, deductible from your refund.
Cancellations made within 7 days of an event are non-refundable. Please note that you are liable for the full amount if you do not attend the event without prior notice.
BWB, 2-6 Cannon St., London EC4M 6YH