This event is now over and took place on Wed 21 Oct 2015
Due to unforseen circumstances this event has now been postponed. Further details regarding a new date will be posted soon.
Understanding the employment status of your staff is crucial, not least because it determines the extent of your legal obligations. A lot of recent media attention has focused on the increasing use of unpaid interns, workers engaged on zero hours contracts and a growing trend towards flexible working practices. These arrangements have sparked considerable debate and focused the gaze of the public (and HMRC) towards employers who are perceived to be exploiting their workforce through sham categorisation.
This two-hour seminar is designed to provide delegates with a clear and practical understanding of:
• The categories of employment status and how to distinguish between them
• The different rights that apply to each category
• Understanding and maintaining the distinction
• The tax implications of employment status
• The right to opt-out of the minimum wage provisions
• Atypical workers and trends
• What, if any, is the distinction between an intern and a volunteer
• Employee shareholder status
Delegates will participate in practical workshops, which will bridge the gap between theory and practice.
Why choose this course?
Delegates will receive:
• A detailed and practical explanation of the different categories of employment status
• Comprehensive notes and materials
• Step-by-step guidance on how to determine employment status
• A table summarising the statutory rights available to the different categories
• Precedent volunteer and intern agreements
Who should attend?
• HR managers and directors
• In-house legal counsel
• CEOs and CFOs
• Line managers and directors
• Trustees and non-executive directors
6.00pm- Networking and drinks
£75 (excl. VAT)
Please click here to view our cancellation and refund policy
Please click here to download our brochure for a full list of employment events.
Bates Wells Braithwaite at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BE