Alice is an executive in BWB’s Advisory and Impact team and works on projects across the team’s four practice areas. In particular Alice enjoys working within Change Management projects and is inherently interested in understanding people, organisational culture and behaviour. She is skilled at connecting with people and forming strong teams to achieve the results that her clients require.
Alice studied French and Italian at university; after working for a champagne house in France, she returned to the UK and did an LLB. Her first placement was with a family law firm in the City she then joined BWB’s Charity and Social Enterprise legal team. Alice is a chartered accountant and naturally supports the team’s European projects.
Alice particularly enjoys learning what makes clients tick; it is her perception, focus, compassion and method that offers a helping hand in your organisation’s journey of discovery, finding creative solutions to multi-faceted problems.
Alice has worked with charities, social enterprises and commercial organisations on projects across Transactions, Impact Management, Strategy, and Risk & Investigation. Her projects vary greatly: from advising organisations on potential growth strategies including mergers and acquisitions; valuing companies and assisting on sale mandates, through to working with organisations on their strategies for capital fundraising.
Other projects involve working alongside organisations to develop their strategy; facilitating organisational and cultural change; delivering business efficiencies across organisations and considering governance issues in relation to strategic growth.
Recently, Alice has worked on social impact studies and measurement frameworks to help organisations to understand their social outcomes and enabling them to continually monitor and report on these to key stakeholders.
Following completing her law degree, Alice joined BWB in 2013, working as a paralegal in the Charity and Social Enterprise team, supporting clients on a range of matters: from setting up charities and Community Interest Companies, to assisting with the legal implications for organisations considering social finance solutions. She also carried out legal research into social impact legal structures on a European level (with a particular emphasis on French social impact legislation) for Jim Clifford to report to the European Commission Expert Group on Social Entrepreneurship (GECES).
Examples of recent work
- Working with a FTSE 100company to offer strategic advice regarding business development and increasing team efficiency as well as facilitating change management / strategy meetings.
- Advising a client working in the education sector on strategy and governance considerations in relation to a proposed merger.
- Advising charities across different sectors including the women’s sector and adoption sector on appropriate strategies for raising finance (including Social Impact Bonds): Conducting outcomes-based workshops, creating financial models to determine the capital fundraise requirement and pitching this to investors and commissioners.
- Supporting on a retail bond issue for a charity.
- Carrying out a social investment readiness workshop in partnership with City Bridge Trust, for organisations considering raising finance through social investment.
- Assisting with a cross-border acquisition of an Italian company, carrying out due diligence, supporting negotiations and project managing all parties involved.
- Supporting on sale mandates for a number of companies operating in different industries – including construction, luxury property developments and food and beverage. Work included valuing the companies, producing information memorandums to market the businesses to prospective buyers, buyer research and due diligence.
- Co-authoring a social impact study for a Housing Association to value the impact of social housing; responsible for producing the socio-economic model through which impact is calculated and guiding this through to a successful PwC assurance opinion. Supporting the development of a measurement framework to help the organisation with its impact management on an on-going basis.
- University of Durham, French and Italian BA (Hons) 2010
- University of Law, Guildford, Law LLB (Hons) 2012
- Chartered Accountant - ACA (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)