Samara is a solicitor in the Charity and Social Enterprise department where she advises charities and not for profit organisations.
Samara completed her training contract at Linklaters and qualified in their Banking department, before moving to Bates Wells Braithwaite in March 2019. During her time at Linklaters, Samara advised on a variety of cross-border financial and regulatory transactions. She also spent 6 months at Plan International’s headquarters advising the charity on a range of commercial and legal issues.
With a background in amateur sports, Samara has a particular interest in the sports and charities industries.
Examples of Recent Work
- Advising on grant agreements, funding arrangements and corporate partnerships with charities
- Advising on issues of primary registration for an NGO
- Advising on the impact of a ‘no-deal’ Brexit for charities
- Advising on issues of safeguarding for charities
Qualifications and Career
- BA (Hons) Politics, School of Oriental and African Studies (2011-2014)
- GDL, LPC (Distinction), University of Law (Moorgate) (2014-2016)
- Trainee Solicitor, Linklaters LLP (2016-2018)
- Admitted as a Solicitor in September 2018
- Associate, Banking Department, Linklaters LLP (2018-2019)
- Solicitor, Charity and Social Enterprise department, Bates Wells Braithwaite LLP (since March 2019)