Sami is an analyst in BWB’s the Advisory and Impact department. He is currently undertaking the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) Qualification, with the aim of completing the certification by 2021. Sami’s work on the A&I team includes various projects across four main practice areas of strategy, impact management, risk and transactions for a number of organisations from public, private to not-for-profit.
Sami has a keen interest within both the Health and Energy industries, and is especially interested in the challenges and outcome of impact measurement and the effect this may have on capital raising and future sustainability.
Previous experience includes a year at a management consultancy firm, where he worked within a Tier 1 Investment Bank assisting them through a number of projects in order to help ready the acquisition of the department. Afterwards Sami took a project over at the acquiring firm in order to assist the management team in the first stages of set up. Sami has gained some valuable experience within structured finance and project management skills and hopes to bring his knowledge to help the A&I team.
Examples of Recent Work
- Worked on a sale mandate and performed research, investigating potential buyers, for a business in the construction industry.
- Supported a fundraising project, through a bond issuance and capital raising for a large organisation with hopes to deepen their social impact and growth. Researching potential investors and working on some marketing and proposal documents.
- Undertook the writing of an investment proposal on a capital raising project for a new
- ‘not-for profit’ institute providing in-depth psychological treatments, psychoanalytic training and research.
- Provided research support on an impact project for an humanitarian education provider.
Qualifications, Trusteeships/volunteering, interests outside of work
- City University, London – Economics BSc (2015)
- Current ICAEW student – predicted completion date of 2021.
Away from work, Sami is keen sportsman and music enthusiast. Each year Sami helps organise and takes part in a number of charity events, focussed predominantly on Health services.