I work with a broad range of charities, individuals and corporates on legal and commercial issues including governance, structuring and charity registrations and formations.
I have particular interest in philanthropy, having worked previously within private client teams at major city law firms, and specialise in advising high profile individuals, families and corporates on their giving.
In addition, I am experienced in dealing with technical charity law issues especially around trusts, permanent endowment, restricted funds and charity legacies.
- I’ve advised on the structuring, formation and registration of new ‘family’ and ‘corporate’ foundations and on their ongoing activities and governance
- I advise on complex charity legacy issues including in relation to the use of funds and on gifts to affiliated and integrated branches
- I advise on charity incorporations
- I advise on the status of restricted, designated and endowment funds and, in particular, on the removal of restrictions as to use and on the release of permanent endowment both by cy-près scheme and by the use of statutory powers
- I’ve advised on the charity law aspects of complex land development transactions including as to obtaining the required Charity Commission consents