I work on a broad range of real estate matters, including sales and purchases of both freehold and leasehold property. I assist with landlord and tenant matters such as granting and taking leases, lease assignments, underlettings and licences. I also have experience on real estate finance matters, having acting for both lenders and borrowers.
I act for a variety of clients ranging from commercial organisations, banks and financial institutions to charities, social enterprises and public bodies.
- Acting for sporting bodies on provisions of grants and loans I advise sporting bodies such the Football Foundation, Rugby Football Union and Lawn Tennis Association regarding taking security over property and funding issues arising for both charitable grants and loans.
- Assisting retail clients with their property portfolios I work with several retail clients, including Urbn UK Limited, assisting them with their sites in England and Wales. This has involved advising on the acquisition of new sites and also helping with on-going management issues, such as licences.
- Advising a bank on a £6.5 million loan to a social housing charity The loans were to enable the charity to undertake a significant new development to build new affordable housing. I assisted with securing the loans over a large portfolio of properties, involving complex title issues and restrictive planning requirements.
- I have advised a number of charities and commercial organisations in relation to granting, taking and renewing leases
- I give advice to a number of charities in relation to their property portfolios, including undertaking due diligence on potential new sites
- I have acted for various banks on the property due diligence and security aspects of lending and refinancing in the charity sector