I am a solicitor in the Charity & Social Enterprise department at Bates Wells.
I assist the team with advising on a range of matters, including structure and registration of new charities, governance matters and amending governing documents, and contractual matters.
- I advised an overseas non-profit on incorporating a UK subsidiary charity. I drafted a range of documents for the new charity, including governing document, policies and agreements. I assisted with advising on fundraising arrangements for the new charity, such as corporate sponsorship.
- I advised an arts charity on conversion from CIC to CIO status.
- I advise on the formation and registration of new charities and social enterprises, including CIOs.
- I advise on constitutional and operational issues for charities, including advising on procedure and other governance matters.
- I advise charities on service contacts and other commercial agreements.