I joined the Employment Team at Bates Wells in September 2019.
I undertake a broad range of contentious and non-contentious work for both employers and employees.
I advise on employment law and HR issues, including in relation to discrimination and victimisation claims, unfair dismissal, TUPE, redundancy and capability and disciplinary procedures.
- Unfair dismissal I am working with a US-based company in defending a multi-day disability discrimination and unfair dismissal claim.
- TUPE I am advising in relation to a claims for automatic unfair dismissal by reason of a TUPE transfer and failure to inform and consult, in circumstances where the transferor is now in administration.
- Disability discrimination I am working with a UK-based homelessness and access to employment charity in defending a disability discrimination and unfair dismissal claim.
- I have prepared the employment contract for the new Chief Executive of a statutory body.
- I have worked with a UK-based music education charity to produce a series of guidance documents in relation to employment status and holiday pay.
- I have undertaken a due diligence exercise from an employment angle in relation to the spin out of services from a local council to a UK-based education charity.