The Operations & General Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations and general management function of the firm to ensure a smooth operational service, and to support the COO. A passion for sustainability and socially responsible business practices is a must.
Operations sits within the Business Team which provides important central support for the wider firm. The Operations team itself encompasses Facilities and Administration, Central secretarial support, Library services and Reception. There are also links with the Bates Wells Foundation and Deeds and Archiving.
The Operations & General Manager is also part of a wider leadership team as a member of Bates Wells’ Senior Management Team. This comprises: The COO (Chair), Operations & General Manager, Business Improvement Manager, Acting Head of IT and Directors of Business Development & Marketing, Finance, HR, Professional Standards and Risk, and The Practice.
The role is a 9 month fixed-term contract at 4 days per-week with the potential to be flexible.
What we are looking for
- The ability to build, maintain and nurture excellent relationships across the firm
- A client-centric approach
- Teamwork – there is a place for individual effort but we highly value a collaborative approach
- A results-focused mentality – we hope you’ll challenge the status quo if you feel it’ll benefit our work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A genuine interest in the work we do; we encourage questions about the business and invite you to test assumptions and propose ideas
Click here to view the full job description
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and covering letter including the job reference HR581, addressed to Francesca Evans, to [email protected] by 16 August 2019 and include details on your current salary package. Applications will not be processed without the above information.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 23 August 2019. If you have not heard from us by this date your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful but we thank you for your interest in Bates Wells and wish you the very best of luck with your search.
Before applying for this role please ensure you read our Privacy Notice which can be accessed by clicking here.