In the winter edition of the Real Estate update:
- Rachael Chapman and Rosie de Galleani outline provisions of the new Charity Governance Code, which provides useful guidance for trustees. Page 4
- Jamie Huard welcomes the Law Commission report into charity law, which retains some key protections for trustees while aiming to make transactions cheaper and simpler. Page 6
- Rebecca Rider looks at the property aspects of charity mergers. Page 8
- Will Scott explains the differences between lease, licence and tenancy at will, and their potential benefits and pitfall for landlords. Page 9
- Philippa Masters provides our regular roundup of the latest case law. Page 10
Please click here to download the PDF version of the update.
If you have any questions about any of the issues raised in the update, please contact our Real Estate department.
This information is necessarily of a general nature and doesn’t constitute legal advice. This is not a substitute for formal legal advice, given in the context of full information under an engagement with Bates Wells.
All content on this page is correct as of January 9, 2018.