I am a general commercial real estate practitioner which, broadly speaking, means I help companies, entrepreneurs, individuals and other entities buy, sell, take an interest in, lease or occupy a wide variety of commercial property.
My main practice areas comprise of: investment; landlord and tenant; secured lending and development work.
- I acted on the purchase of a Co-Op convenience store for £990,000 for an investor client which was complicated by the fact that neither entrance to the car park abuts the adopted highway and the Co-Op had negotiated a break right in their lease in the event that they are prevented from accessing the store.
- I dealt with the sale of an office block in Holborn for the consideration of £12,850,000 which was owned and managed by a consortium of six charities and which the charities have taken a leaseback of in order to allow them time to relocate to new premises.
- I assisted with the sale of vacant land which has the benefit of planning permission for residential development subject to overage provisions in the event that the developer achieves enhanced planning.
- I handled the underletting of part of a floor in the Gherkin building.
- I managed the purchase of a portfolio of 25 former high street building society branches for an investor client including the subsequent sales and lettings.
- I acted for a developer client on the purchase and site set-up of a residential development of 42 new homes in Huddersfield.