I’m a Senior Associate in Dispute Resolution & Litigation. I am also a member of the firm’s Media Disputes, Public Procurement and Information Law sector groups.
I advise a broad range of different types of clients on a broad range of different types of dispute. Sometimes those disputes end up in court but often they can be resolved before reaching court – and frequently before a claim is even issued. However, I also have experience of representing clients in the High Court and County Court and in alternative dispute resolution forums, such as Adjudications and Mediations.
I always work towards resolving disputes in the most cost effective and pragmatic way and am alive to the need for my advice always to be underpinned by my clients’ commercial and reputational considerations.
- When FM Conway thought that two London boroughs had wrongly awarded contracts for highway maintenance following public procurements, I advised on challenging the awards through the courts. In one case, the borough eventually agreed to pay damages and our clients’ legal costs before the matter came to trial. In the other case, the borough agreed to rerun the part of the procurement that FM Conway objected to.
- When a university professor had extremely sensitive personal data disclosed to her employer by a household name charity who had arranged her adoption I helped secure a substantial damages settlement and costs recovery on her behalf.
- I advised an international accountant on bringing a claim against a former business associate on the basis of an oral contract for more than £4million.
- I advised a large highways maintenance company on a range of procurement disputes.
- I advised an online sexual health provider about challenging a number of procurement decisions of local authorities.
- I advised two religious television broadcasters when they were alleged by Ofcom to be in breach of the Ofcom Code.
- I advised a private individual who was sued for defamation for comments she had left on a house rental website.
- I advised a large country estate on challenging a refusal by its insurer to pay out following a fire.
- I advise a number of student unions on the conduct of their elections and on the fall-out from elections.
- I advised a specialist archaeology and heritage charity on a licence dispute with the museum from which it had spun out.