I advise charities and not for profit organisations on a range of charity law issues, including governance, grants, contracts and mergers and incorporations.
I have a particular specialism in advising on fundraising law, including in relation to corporate partnerships, challenge events, lotteries and regulatory compliance. I also regularly advise charities on data protection matters, particularly in relation to direct marketing and fundraising campaigns.
- I have acted in a merger between two large health charities
- I assisted a national charity to restructure its lottery in order to maximise income
- I have advised on a number of investigations by the Fundraising Regulator
- I act for charities in relation to enforcement action taken by the ICO into the use of personal data in certain fundraising activities
- I carry out training on the Code of Fundraising Practice and a range of fundraising and data protection issues
- I undertook six month secondment in the fundraising team of a large national charity