I joined the Employment Team at Bates Wells in March 2020 after being seconded to the Employment Team from a public body.
I undertake a broad range of contentious and non-contentious work for both employers and employees.
I advise on all employment law and HR issues, including unfair dismissal, discrimination and victimisation claims, employment status, contract and policy reviews, TUPE, redundancy, and capability and disciplinary procedures.
- I have helped conduct litigation on behalf a black cab driver “gig economy” test case about the worker status of taxi drivers operating through an app and their entitlement to holiday pay and National Minimum Wage.
- I have helped conduct litigation defending a claim for unfair dismissal against a global facilities management company.
- I have prepared the employment contracts for workers and self-employed contractors for a higher education accreditation agency.
- I have reviewed employment contracts and policies for a large national charity.
- I advise both employers and employees on settlement agreements and assisting with without prejudice settlement negotiations at the pre-litigation stage.