I am a consultant, trainer, Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution accredited mediator and a non-practising solicitor. I was formerly head of governance and trustee services at the National Council for Voluntary Organisations and have worked extensively with third sector organisations nationally and internationally.
I am an accredited coach, specialising in governance development and leadership. I have served as non-executive director in the NHS for 12 years. My focus is in enhancing wellbeing, resilience and in enabling harmonious professional relationships especially for C-suite executives, senior leaders, trustee boards and facilitating change management programmes.
I am founder of the Wellbeing and Resilient Leadership Initiative (WRL&!) and host of TesseTalks and TesseLeads podcasts. I believe that the more voices, the richer the conversation.
Also I am the author of various publications on governance, trusteeship, leadership and coaching.
Click here to connect with me on Linkedin.
- I run a boutique service that provides leadership and governance development, facilitation, coaching, mentoring, bridge building and podcasting. My podcast, Tesse Talks, is a humorous expression of insight, knowledge, foresight and wisdom Tesse Talks brings management and governance perspectives to life through personal and professional lenses. Listen at tesseakpeki.com/tessetalks.
- I developed a virtual network, the Wellbeing and Resilience network, which encourages collaboration, connection, cooperation and the delivery of services to individuals and organisations who need them. My coaching series, Tesse Leads, is a safe, sensitive and supportive place and space to share, hear and tell your stories and experiences. Get advice from top experts at tesseakpeki.com/tesseleads/.
- I have served as an independent chair to the assessment panel at Royal College of Midwives.
- I have chaired the behavioural summit of ICSA, Governance Institute.
- I’ve undertaken a governance review for the Terrence Higgins Trust.
- I have undertaken a governance effectiveness review for the British Council.
- I’ve partnered with the Institute of Risk Management to undertake a governance review.
- I’ve facilitated a strategic away day for the Church Urban Fund.
- I’ve facilitated an ACEVO Leadership session on diversity.
- I contributed to the template for the assessment of board performance against the Charity Governance Code.
- I co-designed a compassionate accountability framework that was adopted by the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM).
- I am a judge for the Charity Governance Awards organised by Clothworkers’ company.
- I was shortlisted as Governance Champion 2021 for the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland by the Chartered Governance Institute.
- I published a chapter entitled Emotional Governance in Robust, Resilient and Ready (Wild Search) (www.wildsearch.org) in 2021.
- I was spotlighted by Chartered Governance Institute on International Women’s Day 2022.