- Catharina Waller looks at our re-branding experience with a lawyer’s eye view, and emphasises the vital importance of establishing our purpose and values before the re-branding could begin.
- We discuss working with design agencies and some of the critical legal issues to have in place before any design work begins.
- Of course, we can’t escape talking about Brexit – Mathew Healey outlines some of the complex issues around trade marks and copyright during the transition period and beyond.
- We also take a look at the business of trade marking the untrademarkable: well-known place names and other common place expressions, with an interesting example from the world of sport.
- We also include a round up of recent IP news, and there’s a warning that infringements can be both costly and potentially result in a criminal conviction.
If you would like to discuss any of the issues raised in this Update, please contact our Trade Marks team.
This information is necessarily of a general nature and doesn’t constitute legal advice. This is not a substitute for formal legal advice, given in the context of full information under an engagement with Bates Wells.
All content on this page is correct as of April 27, 2020.