The advantages of workplace mediation are significant. It can assist with:
- Resolving, what would otherwise be, damaging disputes at an early stage;
- Preserving and improving important working relationships; and
- Avoiding the cost (both in terms of time and expense) associated with dealing with protracted workplace disputes and ensuing litigation.
Even where mediation does not entirely resolve an underlying tension, very often it will provide clarity and a constructive way forward for all parties.
Read more in our Training, investigations and mediation brochure.
We’re offering a free training session, delivered by specialist employment lawyers and accredited civil and commercial mediators, which will give HR teams and managers a clear and comprehensive understanding of:
- The advantages of mediation.
- How mediation works in practice.
- The necessary preparatory steps.
- When mediation is likely to be appropriate and successful.
- How organisations can imbed mediation as an effective part of internal dispute resolution processes.
- How to upskill managers and business partners.
During this session, which will take place in February, you will have the opportunity to participate in a mediation workshop and will gain a practical introduction to the core principles of mediation and how to mediate successfully.
If you can’t attend the event but would like to know more about mediation, please contact us.
This information is necessarily of a general nature and doesn’t constitute legal advice. This is not a substitute for formal legal advice, given in the context of full information under an engagement with Bates Wells.
All content on this page is correct as of October 12, 2021.