I am a partner in the Real Estate department acting for commercial, charity and private clients in all aspects of transactions involving commercial property, including general commercial property work, both transactional and management, sales, purchases and refinancings.
I have extensive experience of advising on technical aspects of charity property law, including legacies and trusts. I have corporate property transaction experience including amalgamations, mergers and asset sales and purchases, as well as residential property experience such as the sale and purchase of both freehold and leasehold properties. I advise on residential tenancies, in areas including student housing and residential care. I have significant experience advising on the property aspects of public sector spin out transactions and continue to act for a range of charities and social enterprises working in this area.
- I acted on the purchase of substantial conference centre premises for a religious charity
- I advised on technical aspects of charity property law for a large charity in structuring its new head office and charity hub arrangements
- I advised on the property aspects of the £15million merger of two charities working in youth services
- I advised on property matters in relation to development projects for charities
- I acted on the financing for the redevelopment of a local community centre including various property-related matters
- I acted for various trade associations and employer federations in their property matters and relocations
- I advised a private care home operator on property aspects of its business re-structuring
- I acted for a number of large national charities advising on their property portfolios
- I advised heritage charities on the property aspects of spinning out services from local authorities including memorials and grade 1 and grade 2 listed buildings
- I advised a London art gallery on receiving a donation of property
- I advised on property aspects of a substantial legacy to a religious charity
- I acted for a number of leisure centre owners and operators on their property issues
- I acted on the grant of leases of advertising hoardings with profit share arrangements
- I acted for a large national union on its property portfolio