I am a solicitor in the firm’s Dispute Resolution & Litigation team and am also a member of the Legacies, Trusts & Probate Disputes team.
I advise a variety of charitable and commercial clients on a range of contentious matters.
- Vicarious liability claims I act for a number of charities in relation to historic abuse claims, which include complex vicarious liability arguments, reputational and limitation issues.
- I acted for a major arts charity in relation to a governance dispute and related matters
- I advised a national healthcare charity on a dispute with a fundraising provider
- I advised an awarding organisation on the enforcement of their copyright and trademarks
- I acted for a Russian client in relation to a multi-million pound arbitration against a BVI Company
- I successfully represented a client in a claim for the delivery up of twenty seven vintage motorcycles, which had been retained by a third party in the mistaken belief that it was entitled to exercise a particular lien over the motorcycles. We successfully obtained summary judgment for the delivery up and return of the motorcycles.
- Charity fraud I advised and acted for a major charity to recover significant sums which had been fraudulenty misappopriated after the IT system of a partner organisation was compromised and an email account was hacked. I helped the charity to report the incident and to recover the misappropriated funds whilst also advising on reputational and regulatory issues.
- Legacy disputes I advised a number of well known charities on the issue of whether funds that were held in a joint account should, following the death of one of the account holders, pass by survivorship to the remaining account holder or alternatively be held on resulting trust for the benefit of the estate, of which the charities were co-residual beneficiaries.