I’m a partner in the Corporate team, where I specialise in M&A and private equity.
I work across a number of sectors, including cross-border, technology (particularly medical technology and education technology) and corporate real estate.
I am also interested in working with ESG-focused, purpose-driven clients and regularly advise impact investment funds on equity investments and disposals – including within emerging and frontier markets like Ghana, Rwanda, Sierra Leone and Tanzania. I also advise development finance institutions, foundations, UK and foreign government-backed funds and private equity funds.
I’ve worked extensively in corporate structuring, joint ventures, partnerships and general corporate advisory, including in implementing the corporate aspects of wealth planning structures.
- Advised Intellego Technologies AB, a Swedish listed company, on the acquisition of a group of UK companies active in the engineering and manufacturing sector.
- Advised the founders of Heart & Lung Imaging Limited, a London-Based Teleradiology Network Focused on Lung Cancer Screening, on the sale of the company to RadNet, Inc.
- Advised an impact private equity fund on (i) its majority stake investment into a sustainable forestry business in Peru, (ii) its majority stake into a sustainable forestry business operating in Colombia, and (iii) its substantial minority stake investment into a sustainable forestry business operating in Ghana and Sierra Leone.
- Advised the impact investment arm of a high-profile international foundation as the lead investor in establishing a social enterprise seeking to expand access to affordable medical technology in the Global South, alongside a household-name charitable foundation and other high-profile philanthropic investors.
- Once established, I also advised on the new social enterprise’s acquisition of biotech company developing lateral flow and rapid diagnostic technologies, including Covid-19 lateral flow tests, with a view to it providing access to such technologies to the world’s poorest countries.
- Advised an African SME private equity fund investing in the food value chain across Africa in connection with the acquisition of a UK/ SA trade finance company focusing on Sub-Saharan Africa, and its subsequent restructuring.
- Advised the impact investment arm of a major US foundation in connection with the sale of its controlling interest in its Indian venture capital portfolio to an investment management company owned by one of the largest private banking and asset management groups in the world.
- Advised an international investment banking firm on the acquisition of a corporate vehicle in what was Romania’s largest commercial property deal of 2019.
- Advised Woodland Savers in £.7m seed investment round
- Advised space launch company HyImpulse UK Limited, world-leaders in hybrid propulsion technology, on new joint venture